Sunday 1 May 2011

Baking Goal: Homemade Twix Bar


A friend of mine had a going away party (they were going on a bike tour around Europe) and someone brought these. If I could have eaten the whole plate without looking selfish I would have! Wow are they good! I got there recipe from the baker and I'm sharing it here! I know there are a few variations to this online but I know this one is great! I can't wait to be doing my baking challenge and get to try this!


Base:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter

Filling1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp Corn Syrup
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup brown sugar

topping1-100g cadbury milk chocolate

mix together base till crumbly .  9x9 glass pan 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
combine filling in pot or saucepan stir constantly till boil. reduce heat stir 5 minutes .  Pour over hot base . Melt chocolate and pour over filling. cool and let set before cutting...

***After i put the filling in I usually put it in the fridge for about an hour and then I melt the chocolate and pour it over the cake.  Then I still let it sit for about an hour for the chocolate to set and then I cut it.  ******

I've shared this recipe at:
BWS tips button







Button

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks really good. I saw a comparable recipe that called for peanut butter cups but your recipe looks better. I linked up a recipe to your Savory Sunday, too. Thanks for linking up to my party!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I NEED these right now! They look wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great!
    I love the amount of carmel you put on too!
    Jennifer
    http://craftyhair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those twix look amazing! I would never have thought to make it homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my--these look DIVINE! I can't wait to try these!

    Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! I love Twix and this is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you shared this recipe. I just copied it and will be trying it out for our son and his friends (I'll substitute the corn syrup for simple syrup or mild honey though.) It's good to have a tried and true winner like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY! I would love these! Will definitely have to try this easy recipe...I'm so glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mm makes my mouth water haha.. choccccolate !! looks yuuuummy! Might have to give them a go :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopped by to tell you that this recipe was in the top three recipes for last week's Sweet Indulgences Sunday on A Well-Seasoned Life. It definitely deserved to be at the top. It looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wonderful kim! thanks heaps!! ya, they are pretty good if i do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh girl! My hubs is going to be lovin' me when I make these. Twix are his favorite thing ever. They may become mine too after looking at these babies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! You were in the top six for last weeks themed linky party. Hope to see you back for this week theme: bread.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So easy. Wow. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've made a similar bar...they are fabulous!!! Now I'm craving them again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and everyone of them!