Friday 29 April 2011

Sucre a crème (Caramel Sauce)


My good friends Roxy and Jazzy make this sauce when we do crêpes and it is by far one of my favorite things ever! They are French and have introduced me to this and many other wonderful French things, but this is still one of my favs.

1 cup 35% Whipping Cream
2 cups Brown Sugar (gently packed)


Mix together in a pot and bring to a bowl; stir constantly. Continue to boil for 10-20 minutes (the longer your sauce boils the thicker it will be once it sets).



Remove from heat and keep stir for a little while so it doesn`t burn. Let it cool and use it for crepes, waffles, with fruit and yogurt, over ice cream or a cake OR as part of a fruit dip which I will be post the recipe for soon!

Enjoy!

Have any good ideas, suggestions or experiences....share them, leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!!

I've shared this recipe at: 

Sweet Tooth Friday, Friday Link Party, Frugal Friday, Simply Link Party, 
Feasting in Fellowship Friday, Joy of Desserts, Mangia Mondays, Made by you Mondays


And just a side note my last recipe entered on Feasting in Fellowship was featured! Check it out here!

7 comments:

  1. Oh YUM! Caramel is right there under chocolate when it comes to my favorite flavors. Can't imagine it could be this easy - so glad you shared! I most definitely will try it - your
    photos are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I had no idea that it would be so easy to make a caramel sauce. I'm pinning it. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by to see me! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Candace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I've been buying salted caramel sauce in a jar from Trader Joe's for a while now, but making my own seems so much smarter! Thanks for the recipe!!!
    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these two ways: with ice cream,as crepe filling.Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love caramel sauce! This looks fantastic! It's rainy and yuck outside today - I think I might have to make some to warm the day up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so tasty. Love it.

    I have an award for you. :-)
    http://joyofdesserts.blogspot.com/2011/05/lovely-blog-award-from-marelie.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and everyone of them!