Tuesday 26 April 2011

Mini Cheese Scones


We were having fish and mash the other night and I just had the urge to make it even more English so I made scones!(I’m not sure if it’s more an English thing or Scottish, but either way, really good!) I learn this recipe in high school, and I don’t think I had used it again since, but wow, I forgot how good they really were! (they are sort of like the ones the Red Lobster used to serve but I’m sure less fattening!)

3 ½ Cups Sifted Flour
2 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
¾ Cup Butter
2 Cups Shredded cheese
2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Egg
1 Cup Milk

In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt. Cut in butter, mix until dough in fine clumps. Stir in cheese. In another bowl whisk together milk and the egg. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, holding back one tablespoon to spread on top of scones before putting in the oven. Mix until dough forms a ball. Kneed for 3 minutes. Roll out on floured surface (one inch thick). Cut in to 2’’ x 2’’ squares. Brush remaining milk and egg mix on top. Put on greased or flowered baking sheet. Cook for 12-15 minutes.

Enjoy!

I shared this recipe at:

Photobucket

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

Tasty Tuesday

7 comments:

  1. I just drooled on my keyboard:) These would just HIT THE SPOT right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful! I love scones, biscuits, bread, bagels, muffins...I guess you get the idea. YUM! Can't wait to make these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya, these scones are so good! they are my go to scones that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I don't think I've ever had a scone, but I love anything from the bread group! :) Thanks for linking up for Tasty Tuesday this week! Gonna have to try this one for sure!

    http://www.motherofpearlitis.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I've marked this recipe and will have to try one day soon. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those scones look delectable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and everyone of them!